Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Waiting

I know I posted this song several months back and talked about it, but it has been on my mind lately - already listened to it twice today. I think it is one of the best CCM songs to come along - maybe ever.

Life has been pretty rough this past year. Since I moved back, life has gotten so complicated and confusing. I have been trying to find a job and been praying about that - and other needs I have, yet God doesn't seem to be paying attention.

I feel like my life is on hold. Everyone else is living their lives, and I am stuck, feeling hemmed in on every side.

As this song says, I have to just keep waiting on God - and not give up, and just keep serving Him while I am waiting.

Patience is a virtue, and not one I am good at. I keep begging God for guidance and answers to my prayers. And they stay unanswered.

I really don't understand how God works, but if I did, I guess He wouldn't truly be God - part of Him being God is the mystery and not knowing. But you would think that when a particularly weak child of His is floundering, needing answers, that He would rush to help. A human parent would do that, but it is either decide God doesn't care......which I already struggle with - or believe that He has a reason and purpose.

I would rather believe the latter. That God has reasons for not "coming to my rescue." And yes, I am applying for work.....but in a sense, I am also waiting. Waiting for God to give guidance - guidance on a job, what to do with my life. And as the song says, I am trying to serve Him and trust as I wait. I just hope the wait isn't too long...........

Lyrics and video below. If you have never heard the song, check it out. As I pointed out in my original post about the song, the part of the music video that really grabs me, is when the fireman is climbing the ladder on the ladder truck, and the next frame shows that it is not against anything - it just drops off into thin air. That is what God wants from us - we have to keep climbing the ladder, even though there are no more rungs, and it looks like we will just plunge to the ground. That is faith.


I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait

Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord


0 comments: