Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Real Enemy

(I had started another blog to review books and CDs on, and have never done much with it. I am transporting those to here, so the most of the posts posted today have are old. I want to close the other blog, but wanted to keep the posts.)




People are missing. Every day, a different person disappears, without a trace. As police chief Brill Jessup tries to find the missing people and unravel the mystery, it seems they have no leads, and the victims have nothing in common, or do they? As she tries to keep the mayor and media at bay while working on the case, she is still dealing with the aftermath of her husband's admission of infidelity.
The real enemy in the book is not the criminal masterminds, but bitterness. Woven throughout a great story of suspense, is also the story of a wounded woman, determined never to forgive, and not realizing her bitterness and unforgiveness is hurting her more than anyone else.
Kathy Herman has 3 series and a stand alone novel under her belt. She isn't the new kid on the block anymore. This, in my not so humble opinion, is her best yet. The first of a trilogy of books in a new series. She did something neat for this series: posted some photos on her website of the town she modeled her fictional town after: http://www.kathyherman.com/
I was the first person to comment on her site about the book, and received a nice reply:
"Hi Mark,

You're the first official reviewer . THANKS. I think you've outdone yourself too. How could I get a better review now-lol? Seriously, thank you. I loved writing this story. My publisher and editor fell in love with the characters, and I hoped my readers would. Your encouragement came at just the right time.

Believe it or not, my editor and publisher also think book two, THE LAST WORD, is better yet. I hope they're right. But the main thing is that the stories touch hearts and bring people closer to Christ. If I've done that, I've succeeded.

I appreciate your support of my work. Thanks for taking the time to make my day.

Blessings,
Kathy"

If you have never read anything by Kathy Herman, and like clean Christian suspense, this book is a good place to start. Check it out. It even has a good read guarantee with it.

0 comments: