Saturday, August 22, 2009

Need I Say More?

If you could see
What I once was
If you could go with me
Back to where I started from
Then, I know you would see
A miracle of Love that took me
In it's sweet embrace
And made me what I am today
Just an old sinner
Saved by grace


How could I boast of anything
I've ever seen or done
How could I dare to claim as mine
The victories God has won
Where would I be
Had God not brought me
Gently to this place
I'm here to say I'm nothing but
A sinner
Saved by grace

Im just a sinner
Saved by grace
When I stood
Condemned to death
He took my place
Now I live and breathe in freedom
With each breath of life I take
I'm loved and forgivin
Back with the living
I'm just a sinner
Saved by grace


(Words & music by Bill & Gloria Gaither)

1 comments:

Craig and Heather said...

God is so merciful to decide to save us in spite of ourselves--even when we were His sworn enemies and loving our sin.

Because of Jesus, He picks us out of our own filth, declares us righteous and then goes about the process of changing our hearts so that we can reflect the righteousness of our Savior.

No matter how difficult the trials may seem, we are promised that it is worth the pain and struggle of the transformation.

Press on in Christ's strength. He won't let you fail.

Heather