Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Word of Promise New Testament


Hear the Bible Come Alive in Dramatic Audio Theater™!



This multi-voiced, scripted dramatization of the New King James Version (NKJV) features a star-studded cast of actors, an original music score, and incredible feature film quality sound effects. This world-class production creates a dramatic audio theater experience that makes you feel like you’re really there with Jesus and His disciples. Listen in your car, on your MP3 player, or with your family or small group to gain a new perspective of the Bible.


The cast includes Jim Caviezel as Jesus, Stacy Keach as Paul, Louis Gossett, Jr. as John, Ernie Hudson as Peter, Michael York as Narrator, Kimberly Williams-Paisley as Mary, Mother of Jesus, Marisa Tomei as Mary Magdalene, and many others.


The Word of Promise® New Testament Audio Bible is a 20-CD set and includes a bonus “Behind-the-Scenes” DVD.

I have listened to the Bible on CD before, but I can honestly say this is the best one I have ever heard. This is not simply different people reading the New Testament. It is much more than that. Using the New King James version of the Bible, mulitple people "act" out the verses. They use voice inflections and really pour themselves into the attitude of the Bible person they are speaking for.

There is also a background of music - it isn't loud, and does not detract from the speaking parts, and sound effects. I was listening to the CDs as I did something on line, and at one point, the verses were when Jesus was at the seashore, and they had the sound of water/waves. I started to minimize my screen so that I could see what was going on, then remembered I was not watching a DVD, but listening to the Bible.

I am of the opinion that we need to do things within reason to make our Bible reading different, and fresh - a different Bible version occasionally, etc - and something like these CDs are a great example of that. We still need to read our Bibles, but what a great way to get our Bible "reading" in a new and fresh way. I highly recommend The Word of Promise Bible on CD.

The New Testament Word of Promise contains 21 CDs and one DVD, and has over 21 hours of audio.

The Word of Promise Bible/New Testament is available from Thomas Nelson Publishers.

The CDs were provided by Thomas Nelson for me to review.

0 comments: