Friday, October 23, 2009

A Great Waitress

My nieces are spending the night at my parents' house, so my mom took the three of them and myself out to eat at a pizza buffet we like. The waitress went beyond the call of duty, and was tipped well for her efforts.

First off: she gave a discount on my youngest niece, even though she was a year too old for it.

Secondly, my mom was going to order a small pizza to take to my dad, and the waitress gave her a box and told her to get a couple of pieces from the buffet instead - I think she knew my nieces didn't eat their share.

And thirdly, she really made my day: I asked if she could have a cherry dessert pizza made, and when it came out of the oven, she brought a pan with at least 8 pieces straight to our table, so I'd be sure to get some of it - since the pan was on our table, that meant we had to eat it all. What an awesome waitress!

1 comments:

Pam said...

I am always impressed when a waitress is so thoughtful. It sounds like a great evening.