Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Twas 2 Nights Before Christmas

Today has been a rather full day. Instead of working Tuesday through Thursday this week, we crammed it all into Monday and today. After leaving work, I had to go to Columbiana to pick up a couple of pizzas from "R" Pizza for supper. Man, did it take will power to ride 20 minutes back to Lisbon smelling those pizzas without getting into them. I was tempted though. When I got back, I found out that Mom and Dad had made a wager as to whether there would be any missing pieces. Mom said I would eat at least one before I got them here, and Dad said I wouldn't eat any.......... :-)

Paul and Pam arrived at about 4:35 - the reason for 2 pizzas - and Vicki and the girls arrived shortly after. After eating pizza, veggies & dip, and chips, the kids retired to the basement, and some of us played some games.

I am in trouble with my siblings - not for the first time. :-) I have embarrassed both of them on my blog - I guess people do occasionally read my ramblings! Oh well, they will get over it. :-)

The house was definitely not too quiet for most of the evening. When you get all 6 kids here in the same house, it is far from a silent night, but we enjoy it. It takes some getting used to, having extra people around. I walked into the downstairs bathroom and jumped and yelled thinking someone was standing there - and everyone was in bed - here it was just Pam's jacket hanging on the coat tree. Scared the daylights out of me though.

I have to admit I am about as bad as kids at Christmas. To quote Darrel Quesenberry, I like to give presents, but I also like to get them. :-) I accidentally found a paper that I shouldn't have seen. I was looking for some coupons I had printed out, and turned a paper over that Mom had written what paper she had wrapped stuff in. My eyes of course fell to my name: Mark - book & sweater, snowflake paper. Oops! I didn't do it on purpose! Now when I get the snowflake package, I will know what is inside............. If I don't forget - that is highly possible. :-)

It is hard to believe that Christmas is 2 days away. That this time tomorrow evening, it will be Christmas Eve. It seems once December hits, the days fly by. I still have Christmas books to read, Christmas songs to listen to........

I have been reading an interesting little book: "Why A Star" by Brock and Bodie Thoene. They have also been putting parts of it on their blog, listed on my favorite blogs. They have some interesting ideas about the star that the wise men followed. It is part of their "Why" books, small books that are about $3 or $4 - Why A Manger, Why A Crown, Why A Star, and I something else. They make for interesting reading, and since I am all caught up with Uncle John, needed something to take his place for awhile until I get some more of those. :-)

I am into the Chronicles of Narnia quite a bit, and got a couple of cool books about it recently on Christianbook.com - also bought for the kids, as book $19.99 books were $1.99 and $2.99. One is similar to a pop-up book - has things to pull and turn, and the other has questions and things about each book. I am currently looking at one called "The Soul of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" that they have for a good price. I already have a map of Narnia, small replicas of the gifts the kids received from Father Christmas, and a couple other odds and ends. I have seen large replicas of Peter's sword on ebay, and think that would be cool, but also a bit too pricey.

Well, when the 3 boys, or girls for that matter - are here, they get up way too early, so I am sure I will be awakened earlier than I want, so I had better be heading off to bed myself.

0 comments: