Monday, January 11, 2010

FFH - Wide Open Spaces


I normally review books, but FFH sent me this CD free around Christmas, so I decided as my thanks, I'd give them a review.

Southern Gospel is my #1 love in music, and accounts for the bigger amount of CDs I own, and music on my Ipod - 2181 Southern Gospel, 638 CCM, 181 Country. FFH is one of the CCM artists I like the best. The year I discovered them, I bought all of their current CDs and that is all I listened to on vacation that year - solid FFH.

By the way, for anyone who doesn't know, FFH stands for Far From Home.

The group used to consist of Jeromy & Jennifer Diebler and two other guys. This new CD, though still called FFH, now consists of Jeromy & Jennifer only. They still have a good sound, though I did like them as a group better.

Among some other troubles in their lives, Jeromy has MS, and those struggles come through on some of the songs.

Undone opens the CD., a great song talking about surrender. Some other great cuts on the CD are Stop The Bleeding, What It Feels to Be Led, and Who I'm Gonna Be. Complete song listing below:

1. Undone
2. Hold On To Me
3. Wide Open Spaces
4. What It Feels Like
5. I Don’t Care Anymore
6. What If Your Best
7. The Time Of My Life
8. Stop The Bleeding
9. Who I’m Gonna Be
10. Jesus Give Me Rest

If you enjoy CCM music and have never listened to FFH, give them a try. Check them out at ffh.net

And here is one of my all-time favorite songs by theirs, done a few years back:

0 comments: