Monday, September 21, 2009

Green, by Ted Dekker


Green, or Book Zero, in the Circle series by Ted Dekker. I read that this book could be read before Black, Red, and White, or after. I admit, I scoffed at the idea that this book could be read first, but now, after reading the book to completion, I agree. This newest Dekker book could truly be read before or after the three books that preceded it.

This may be the best of the series, in my opinion. In the other world where Thomas Hunter has gone to live, there is much unrest. Too many of the people doubt that Elyon cares about them, or even exists. Some are tempted to take up the sword and fight - something that goes against their beliefs and very nature.

Things worsen when Samuel, Thomas' son challenges their ideas and beliefs, and decides to take things into his own hands. Chaos, war, and death follow his decision, resulting in everything going back to the beginning. Where Black started.

I really enjoyed this book, and it was fun and interesting to go back into the world Ted Dekker created with his Circle Series. If you are a Dekker fan, and enjoy his books, I highly recommend Green. It is worth reading.

0 comments: