Monday, July 6, 2009

Through The Fire

One thing I love about Southern Gospel, is I think more than any other music genre, they have a lot of encouraging songs. This one, by the Crabb Family, "Through The Fire" ranks among my favorite ones that have encouraged me over the years. In this version below in the video, they are joined by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir. The song isn't your typical Southern Gospel song, so check it out.


So many times I've questioned certain circumstances
Or things I could not understand
Many times in trials, weakness blurs my vision
And my frustration gets so out of hand
Its then I am reminded I've never been forsaken
I've never had to stand the test alone
As I look at all the victories
The spirit rises up in me
And its through the fire my weakness is made strong

Chorus:
He never promised that the cross would not get heavy
And the hill would not be hard to climb
He never offered our victories without fighting
But He said help would always come in time
Just remember when your standing in the valley of decision
And the adversary says give in
Just hold on, our Lord will show up
And He will take you through the fire again

Bridge:
I know within myself that I would surely perish
But if I trust the hand of God, He'll shield the flames again, again

1 comments:

teacherprincess said...

Thanks for sharing this great song... It is one of my favorite songs...