Monday, August 10, 2026

Fatal Finale, Erin Delaney Mysteries #3 by Nancy Mehl

 

Book description: 

They'd started back to the house when they heard a male voice behind them. Then a shot rang out.

"Run!" Kaely said.

When bestselling author Erin Delaney's novel gets picked up for a movie deal, she eagerly awaits her friend Kaely Quinn-Hunter's arrival in Tennessee before they head to California to observe the film's production. However, when Kaely does not arrive at the scheduled time and Erin can't reach her by phone, her concern grows.

A cryptic phone call from Kaely's kidnapper confirms Erin's worst fear--she has exactly six days to save her friend's life by solving his twisted clues. The message comes with a warning: Contact the police or FBI, and Kaely dies. But Erin works for the Sanctuary Police Department, and Kaely's husband is with the FBI, putting her in an impossible situation. As Erin races against time, she's forced to crack the kidnapper's chilling puzzle before it's too late.

My review: 
  This is a book I have been looking forward to reading, and it definitely did not disappoint. Maybe the author is just getting better, but I feel this is her best series yet. If you are familiar with Mehl's books, she wrote a series between 2018-2020 titled the Kaely Quinn Profiler Series. Mehl did something I think is really cool. She brought the main female character from that story, Kaely Quinn-Hunter, into this series as a secondary character. 

And in this book, Kaely gets kidnapped. 

I used to be a nail biter, but this book about made me regress. Man, was it suspenseful. The author went back and forth between where Kaely was being held and Erin's house, where she, Kaely's FBI husband Noah, and police chief Adrian were frantically working to solve the kidnapper's clues in time to save Kaely. You know that the chances of her surviving are great....the author would never kill off a main character.....unless you are Sara Davidson :)

But it was a fun suspense-filled ride to the climatic part of the book. I have gotten to really like the characters. The thing with a series like this where the same characters are in the whole series, is the author has more time for character development and does not need to rush that, and she did an excellent job on developing these characters. I hate to see them go, but maybe she'll pull them into a future series. 

This is a definite 5-star book, and the best book in the trilogy, though all 3 are masterpieces of Christian suspense/thrillers. 

And not only did the author write an awesome story with awesome characters, the book was full of a Biblical message of hope and faith in God's deliverance. I did read this book in one sitting, and enjoyed every single page. 

Special thanks to the author for an advance copy of this novel. I was under no obligation to provide a review and the thoughts contained herein are my own.

About the author:


Nancy Mehl
lives in Missouri, with her husband Norman, and her puggle, Watson. She's authored over fifty books and is currently at work on a new FBI suspense series for Bethany House Publishing. 

All of Nancy's novels have an added touch - something for your spirit as well as your soul. "I welcome the opportunity to share my faith through my writing," Nancy says. "It's a part of me and of everything I think or do. God is number one in my life. I wouldn't be writing at all if I didn't believe that this is what He's called me to do. I hope everyone who reads my books will walk away with the most important message I can give them: God is good, and He loves you more than you can imagine. He has a good plan especially for your life, and there is nothing you can't overcome with His help." 

You can find out more about Nancy by visiting her Web site at: www.nancymehl.com. She also is active on the Suspense Sisters: www.suspensesisters.blogspot.com and on FaceBook.

Check out the first two books in the series, and they do need read in order:

                                                                Book #1



Book #2


 





0 comments: