Friday, October 9, 2009

Every Light That Shines At Christmas


I just got my first - and possibly only -new Christmas CD of the year - due to my finances, buying CDs is at the bottom of priorities.

Anyway, great CD. Even if you're not a Southern Gospel fan, this should appeal to a wide variety of music tastes: Every Light That Shines At Christmas, by Ernie Haase & Signature Sound.


This CD has not the usual ten songs, but a whopping sixteen! I love it when a CD has more than ten songs - makes it seem like you get your money's worth. The song listing is:

1) He Started The Whole World Singing/O Come All Ye Faithful
2) Marshmallow World
3) Every Light That Shines At Christmas
4) Redeeming Love
5) Changed By A Baby Boy
6) Mr. Heat Miser
7) Thank God For Kids
8) Christmas Is Christmas (Wherever You Are)
9) God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
10) What Child Is This?
11) If It Doesn't Snow On Christmas
12) All I Want Is You
13) Christmas In Indiana
14) Silent Night
15) Light A Candle
16) Amen

Favorites on this is Redeeming Love - I always loved that song - Marshmallow World, the remake of Avalon's Light A Candle, He Started The Whole World Singing/O Come All Ye Faithful.

There are a few a capella songs, but they are tastefully done, and I can't complain with sixteen songs. One complaint I do have, is the song "Christmas Is Christmas Wherever You Are" - they have brief staged phone calls throughout the song, which detracts, more than adds. Overall, a great new Christmas CD. Check it out.

And I did get this CD free - well, pretty much. I still collect Swag Bucks, and had enough Amazon Gift cards accumulated from Swag Bucks, that I bought this CD and a birthday present for my niece, and paid $2.13. Good deal!


Redeeming Love
(Bill Gaither, Gloria Gaither)

(Verse 1)

From God’s heaven to a manger
From great riches to the poor
Came the Son of God to seek and save
From the azure halls of heaven
To a rough and rugged cross
Jesus came, and there His life for all He gave

(Verse 2)

From a loving, Heavenly Father
To a world that knew Him not
Came the man of sorrows, Christ the Lord
In my wanderings He found me
Bought my soul with His own blood
Gave to me a peace this world could not afford

(Chorus)

Redeeming love, a love that knows no limit
Redeeming love, a love that shall not die
My soul shall sing throughout the endless ages
With choirs extolling this great love on high

1 comments:

JJ said...

Yes, this sounds like a wonderful CD. I like acapella.

Thanks,
gahome2mom/at/gmail/dot/com