Saturday, November 8, 2008

Trapped In A Storage Shed

Most of my belongings are in a storage shed, evidently including my Christmas CDs, as I cannot find them anywhere else. I decided to brave the storage unit and try to find some things I am wanting. I went alone, bad mistake. :-) After pulling a few things out of the way, and unstacking some boxes, I had the brilliant idea to stand on a chair, and climb up further on some boxes that seemed rather sturdy. As I was looking at box contents, a tall bookshelf fell behind me, blocking the chair I had been on. This shelf had been holding my bed's mattress and box springs up, which since they had nothing to hold them up, promptly fell on my head. I was stuck pretty badly there for a bit, and thought I was going to have to call for some assistance, but I managed to move what the bed had knocked over, and somehow got the bed back on top of the shelf and got myself extricated from my belongings which had tried to bury me alive. :-) I did manage to find a box with jackets in, hopefully containing a winter jacket (haven't opened it yet), and a box containing most of my Christmas books, but no Cds. They must be buried worse than I was. :-)

I ran across a timely song that I have on my Ipod, but had forgot about. It is a country song by Diamond Rio, but packs a good message: In God We Still Trust. One line in the song says "He's the One we turn to, every time the going gets rough", and I am afraid that is what it is going to take to wake people up. I still remain convinced that we are in for rough times in the next 4 years, and we had better enjoy these couple of months left before we enter a new administration. We as Christians in America have fallen asleep and need awakened. When we have people who profess Christianity, but vote on their pocketbook instead of moral issues, something is wrong. No matter what happens in the days ahead, we have to remember that God is still running this world, not Barrack Hussein Obama. We may face difficult days, but our trust must be in God, not in our nation, or circumstances.

If things get too bad, and I come up missing, I will be in my storage shed. :-)

In God We Still Trust

You place your hand on His bible, and when you swear to tell the truth.

His name is on our greatest monuments an' all our money too.

An' when we pledge allegiance, there's no doubt where we stand:

There's no separation, we're one nation under Him.

Chorus:

In God, we still trust here in America,

He's the one we turn to every time the going gets tough.

He is the source of all our strength, the one who watches over us.

Here in America, in God, we still trust.

Now there are those among us, Who wanna push Him out.

And erase his name from everything, This country's all about.

From the schoolhouse to the courthouse, They're silencing His word,

An' now it's time for all believers, To make our voices heard.

0 comments: