Saturday, June 28, 2008

Just Like The Amish

I slept in til 9:30 this morning after sleeping better than I have in ages - being exhausted can do that for you. Enjoyed a slow day with the nieces here til afternoon. Mom, Dad, and I went up to the pizza buffet for supper, which was awesome. They had my favorite soup on the bar: Cheddar and ham - good stuff! It started pouring down the rain while we were there, and was storming some when we got home, but to our surprise, when it wasn't really doing much at all, the power went out shortly after 6. The electric company said it might be til midnight til it comes back on - it is 11:10 at the moment, and still hasn't, to my knowledge.

Dad has a generator, so he hooked it up, and we have electric! I feel so Amish right now! Well, other than the computer, light, and fan that is blowing on me. :-) I am hoping when I go to bed I can sleep with the generator running right outside the door by my bed.

I mentioned in my last post that I70 was shut down for a few miles due to high water, and I got detoured. I found pictures here - not of the town I went through, but the interstate itself: http://zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080628/NEWS01/806280301

Next week should be an interesting time. We are all meeting Paul, Pam, and the boys at Pittsburgh Zoo on Monday, possibly with the exception of my other brother-in-law, Steve - not sure if he is going yet - anyway, I knew Paul and Pam were coming here from the zoo, but what I didn't know was they were staying all week - at least through Sunday. Since the family isn't taking an official vacation this year, we are going to do some local stuff, and Paul and Pam are taking their vacation here to get away from the church for a week. Later in the week we are going to the Amish area of Ohio, about 1 1/2 hours from here. I can tell them about our generator!

It sure won't be quiet next week, but it will be fun having the boys around for so long. Mom may be glad for my being here to help watch them while she is working.

So far, I am missing one thing from the move. Right before I moved, I bought a new solo CD by one of the Booth Brothers, and I have no idea where it went to. Hopefully, if it isn't here, it is in the storage place and will surface at some point.

My bed is actually very comfortable this time. It is a sofa bed, which are not ideal, but Dad and/or Mom rounded up another sofa bed mattress to put on top of the one that is there, and it is very comfortable - can't feel that bar that goes across at all! :-)

I did a dummy, I am now realizing: I packed ALL my books. There were a few I have that I haven't read yet, and I am wishing I had kept those out to read here. I am trying to be frugal with my money, or I would buy a couple on CBD or Amazon that I want. Too bad my birthday is already past. :-)

This amused me, so I will pass it on: I changed my cell# today to an Ohio one, and the Sprint guy on the phone told me it could take a couple of hours til it was up and running again. Well, 8 hours later, it still wasn't. Every time I tried to call anyone, I would get a message saying the call could not be completed. So, I called Sprint and told the guy that answered my problem. He got my name, and then asked if I was calling on my cell phone. I wanted to say "duh"! I TOLD him I couldn't call ANYONE! Must have been a blond. :-)

I got a bit sunburned the other day while packing the truck. I wouldn't have thought that I would, but my head is a little red, and hurts when I touch it, so I'd say that is the case. Guess I need to bring out the sunblock, and yes, it is here. :-) Bro. Sankey, my Indiana pastor, was saying they don't know where they are, as they are moving also, just across town, and I can relate. Most of my stuff is in storage, and there are things I couldn't find in there if my life depended on it, which I don't think is the case with anything in there.

Well, I suppose I'd better quit rattling on and get to bed. Besides, there is a possibility that the generator will run out of gas and quit on its own before the power comes on, and I'd like to have my post submitted, and the computer shut down before that happens. Here is hoping I can sleep if it keeps running. :-)

0 comments: