Saturday, December 31, 2022

My 2022 reading goal

 It is the in thing for readers to share their reading goals met for the year, along with their favorite book or books of the year. I set a goal of 200 books, and surpassed it by a bit. It may seem unbelievable the amount of books that I read, but there are reasons for it:

I live alone

I work 4 days a week (4 10's) instead of 5

I rarely go out of my house on days off, except to stores in my little town

I go to work early to get a good parking place, and read in my car and on lunch breaks.

So I hit 554 books, 354 books past my goal. I cannot pick one favorite book, but there are two series that are at the top of my list.

First is the Love and Honor Series by a new author to me, Hallee Bridgeman. There is a short prequel, but the three main books came out in September, October, and November.....unusual for a series. They usually come out 6 or more months apart. Awesome series, and I have read several other books by her. She is good.

The other series is an author who I was familiar with, but really didn't start reading til this year. If I counted right, I read at least 60 books by her this year, and this was the best series: The Fog Lake Suspense Series by Christy Barritt. I read all 7 books on Kindle Unlimited in February. I liked them so much that I bought the paperbacks in June and read them again. She puts books out so fast, I don't know how she does it, but she has become one of my favorite authors. 

I discovered a lot of new authors this year, and here are 26 that I read at least a few books by. There are others that I read one or two books buy and did not list.






1) Hallee Bridgeman

2) Sara Blackgard

3) D.L. Woods

4) Tom Threadgill

5) Lynne Shannon

6) Pepper Basham

7) Penny Zeller

😎 Malory Ford

9) Stephenia McGee

10)  Jo Grafford

11) Edie James

12) Kimberly Rae Jordan

13) Melissa Jagears

14) Leah Atwood

15) Sondra Kraak

16) Michelle Griep

17) Sara Davison

18) Robin Patchen

19) Jerusha Agen

20) Valerie Bodden

21) Jennifer Pierce

22) Taylor Michaels

23) Rebecca Hartt

24) Sharlene MacLaren

25) Bree Livingston

26) Christy Barritt

0 comments: