Claire's visit to a luxury hotel in Maine awakens repressed memories, threatening all she holds dear.
In 1989, Claire Dellamare disappeared from her own fourth birthday party at the Hotel Tourmaline on the island of Folly Shoals, Maine. She showed up a year later at the same hotel, with a note pinned to her dress but no explanation. Nobody knows where Claire spent that year---and until now, Claire didn't even know she had ever been missing.
But when Claire returns to the Hotel Tourmaline for a business meeting with her CEO father, disturbing memories begin to surface . . . despite her parents' best efforts to keep them forgotten.
Luke Rocco lost his mother under equally mysterious circumstances---at the same time Claire disappeared. After a chance encounter reveals the unlikely link between them, Claire and Luke set out together to uncover the truth about what happened that fateful year.
With flashbacks swimming just beneath her consciousness and a murderer threatening her safety, Claire's very life depends on unscrambling her past . . . even if her family refuses to acknowledge it. Someone-maybe everyone-is hiding something from Claire Dellamare, and it will cost her everything to drag the truth out into the light.
This book was a surprise. I have read several suspense novels by Colleen Coble and I am used to a good read from her, but I feel she surpassed anything she ever wrote with this novel.
When I started reading this book, I intended to read part of it and finish it the next day. Once I started it, those intentions got blown away. I got pulled into the plot of the book immediately and did not want to put it down. This is a top notch novel that deserves 5 out of 5 stars.
There is a lot to like about the book:
1) The setting: I am a sucker for books set at the ocean, and although I have never been to Maine, the setting made me want to go there myself.
2) The characters. From the wealthy and unspoiled heiress, to the Coast Guard guy trying to do right by his dad and sister and put his life on hold, there are some great characters in this book with a lot of depth to them.
3) Plot. The book had a very intricate and well thought out plot that had to take a lot of ingenuity to come up with. I saw a couple of things coming at one point, but was still impressed with the way the ending came about.
4) Romance. This is romantic suspense, but it isn't the kind of romance that makes you gag and roll your eyes.
This is the first book in a the new Sunset Cove Series, and it is a great start to the series. I am looking forward to reading more in this series, and highly recommend this book to lovers of suspense.
About the author:USA Today bestselling author Colleen Coble has sold over 2 million novels worldwide. Her romantic suspense novels including Tidewater Inn, Rosemary Cottage, and the Mercy Falls, Lonestar, and Rock Harbor series. Visit her website at www.colleencoble.com Twitter:@colleencoble Facebook:colleencoblebooks
The Inn At Ocean's Edge is available from Thomas Nelson Publishing.
Thanks to Litfuse for the review copy.
Someone—maybe everyone—is hiding something from Claire Dellamare, and it will cost her everything to drag the truth out into the light. Colleen Coble's new book, The Inn at Ocean's Edge, is a must-read for mystery and suspense readers. As Claire and Luke put together the pieces of a decades-old mystery, they discover that some family secrets refuse to stay buried. And some passions are worth killing for.
Celebrate the release of The Inn at Ocean's Edge by entering to win a Kindle Fire and RSVPing to her May 5th author chat party!
One grand prize winner will receive:
- A Kindle Fire
- A copy of A Heart's Disguise
- A copy of A Heart's Obsession
- A copy of The Inn at Ocean's Edge