Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Jimmy Carter Cake & Key Lime Pie

I had to type these up to email to someone, so thought I'd also pass them on via my blog. The first is for an easy Key Lime pie - which I have made - and the second is for an awesome dessert we call "Jimmy Carter Cake" - I know, needs a more Republican name. I have never made it, but enjoy eating it!

Key Lime Pie

1 graham cracker pie crust
1 lime jello
2 key lime yogurt
1 8 oz whipped topping

Make jello, with 1/4 cup of water. let cool, but not to gelling
Mix the jello with the 2 yogurts & the whipped topping
Refrigerate until it sets up

Additional whipped topping can be added on top, and other flavors of jello & yogurt can be substituted. The rest of the family likes the lemon a lot.

Jimmy Carter Cake (or peanut butter pudding dessert)

First layer:
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 sticks of oleo
3/4 cups peanuts (crushed or chopped)

Second layer:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 8 oz cream cheese
1 8 oz cool whip
2/3 cup peanut butter

Third layer
1 package of chocolate instant pudding
1 package of vanilla instant pudding
3 cups of milk

Top layer: 8 oz cool whip, chocolate bar

First layer: mix ingredients together and spread into a 9 by 13 pan. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until done. Cool completely.
Second layer: mix sugar, softened cheese, & cool whip, spread over the bottom layer
Third layer: beat the 2 puddings together with 3 cups of milk, pour over second layer
Top layer: top with cool whip, and if desired, sprinkle with grated Hershey bar, or some other kind of chocolate. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.


1 comments:

Kim M. said...

YUM! I was just thinking about your key lime pie yesterday and how I wanted some and I come here and there's the recipe! That "cake" sounds good too although I don't like the name either. ha!